Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Doctor is In!

Dr. Ozzy

If you are too embarrassed to ask your doctor about your problems there is no need to page Dr. Gupta or ask Dr. Oz. There is a new medical kid (old man) on the block: Dr. Ozzy Osbourne.

Flipping through the December 9th Rolling Stone magazine issue I came across the column Ask Dr. Ozzy. The Good Doctor’s medical degree is from the School of Hard Knocks, and after abusing his body for nearly a lifetime, he hopes that you will learn from his mistakes. Vexing problems addressed include how do I get my son to quit smoking, what are the risks of taking cocaine when going clubbing, my boss urinates with the door open, how do I get him to stop, how to get back at my ex-girlfriend for dumping me and the impact of (excessive) alcohol on erections. Other questions raised may not be appropriate content for this blog.  His column has been featured in various newspapers in the UK, including The Times. This is a treasure trove of advice about health, sex and family matters!

By the questions asked, it appears that Dr. Ozzy takes all insurance types. Good news.

Although not stated in Rolling Stone, The Times explicitly prints: Warning: Ozzy Osbourne is not a qualified medical professional. Caution is advised.

Happy New Year.