Monday, January 17, 2011

Back in the USA

Well, I am back in the USA. Somehow, after returning home at 1 AM,  I was able to scrape myself off the bed and get to work.


The juxtaposed experience of US wealth following a few days of extreme Honduran poverty is always jarring.


Two days ago we focused on addressing issues of poverty: water filters, sanitation and anti-helminthics (de-worming medicine). Now,1st world issues take precedence. This includes preparing for the hospital's infection prevention meeting and discussing the upgrade of our electronic infection surveillance program.  


We clearly live in different worlds.


On a lighter note, while in Honduras, I snapped this photo of a bread delivery truck. I have seen this before, regardless, the company name is still comical.

Bimbo Bread. I leave the jokes to you


















Back to the grind.