Thursday, September 12, 2019

4th Annual VCU Infection Prevention Conference

Today we hosted the 4th Annual VCU Infection Prevention Conference

Guest speakers included Drs. Mark Rupp (University of Nebraska Medical Center), Amy Mathers (University of Virginina) and Priya Nori (Albert Einstein College of Medicine).

Topics include the perils and pitfalls of expecting zero central line associated bloodstream infections, pursuing a carbapenemase gene from patients to plumbing and antimicrobial stewardship.

I wrapped up the event with my presentation of the Learning Hospital: An Infection Prevention Model.

Thank you to the guest speakers for their high quality presentations. Also, thank you to VCU Health for their financial and logistical support.

As always, I get much more out of these events than I contribute.

I am already looking forward to the 2020 conference.


Dr. Mark Rupp



Dr. Amy Mathers

Dr. Priya Nori

Panel Discussion