Thursday, May 19, 2016

Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America 2016 Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia

I am currently in Atlanta at the 2016 SHEA Spring Conference.

The scientific program thus far has been excellent, particularly this morning’s session on “Selling Your Results: To Suits, Scientists and Society”. The quote of the session was:

‘Diplomacy is the act of letting someone else have your way.’

Yesterday I sat for a video interview with Contagion magazine, to be published online. The topic was animal assisted therapy in healthcare and infection risk, based on a lecture that I gave at one of the SHEA Plenary sessions.

On Saturday I have a debate with Dr. Anthony Harris from the University of Maryland, a pro/con exchange on the universal use of gowns and gloves. Expect a spirited discussion.


Stay tuned.

Below are some pictures from the event featuring some of my colleagues and students from VCU.