Saturday, July 27, 2019

3rd Annual OHS Alumni Soccer Classic: July 27, 2019

3rd Annual OHS Soccer Classic: Blue vs Orange
This one again goes out to all who value lifelong friendships and football.

Today I partook in the 3rd Annual Oneida High School (OHS) Alumni Soccer Classic with a handful of my teammates from our 1989 graduating class. It was a diverse event with several generations of footballers including current OHS varsity soccer players and the sons of OHS soccer alumni. 

Fond memories from my 4 years as the OHS varsity goalkeeper on the very pitch where today's match was played. Although I was fortunate to play NCAA soccer for Colgate University, the high school team, particularly the friendships, holds a very special place in my heart. 

The day was beautiful.

This year, finally, I was on the winning team. But, to quote the late, great Tom Petty- even the losers get lucky sometimes.