Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Revenge of Analog! I am no Ludditte.

The past weekend and this week have been busy on  the ID consult service. 

Blogging, and other things, are on the back burner.

This week I have been nosing through the book, The Revenge of Analog, by Paul Sax. Admittedly, I am biased and wedded to my books, vinyl records and notebooks. I even have a turntable and records in my administrative office! 

Sax highlights our need to hold, collect and interact with certain things (such as books, records, polaroid photos, paper notebooks and board games). Not everything that is digital, web-based, streamed or hyperlinked is satisfactory.

I am no Ludditte! I love my i Phone, Apple watch and laptop, particualrly when on the move. Analog serves to slow me down.

Deceleration is the name of the game after a long day of consults.