Friday, February 26, 2016

Images from Charleston, SC: APM 2016 Winter Meeting, Final Day

I wrapped up my final day in Charleston at some excellent lectures one on the future of academic internal medicine at the APM Winter Meeting. As I only have 2 years under my belt as the Chief of Infectious Diseases at Virginia Commonwealth University, I learned valuable pearls of wisdom at this medical leadership conference.

My favorite quote from one of the presentations, one on the value and importance of simply listening:
Don't Speak unless you can improve on silence.
The scientific program ended at 2 pm so I killed the last several hours strolling the city. I purchased some records at The Vinyl Countdown, strolled past the College of Charleston, and came across the Argentine ice creamery Freddo.  With a dulce de leche ice cream it was almost like being back in Argentina.

In my walk I observed that the MUSC Pathology Symposia had a marquis welcome at the Riviera Theater. Cool.

After a coffee at a rather bohemian coffee house, it was off to the airport.

I am off to India in 48 hours, to the International Congress on Infectious Diseases

Stay tuned.