Friday, February 18, 2011

Oxygen Bar: Where the Party is Up Your Nose


Earlier in the week I came across an oxygen bar in a North American ski resort town.

An oxygen bar is an establishment that sells oxygen for recreational-medicinal use. Individual flavored scents may be added to enhance the experience. Oxygen is fashionably sold and delivered via a nasal cannula device as an alternative medicine that is meant to correct oxygen deprivation, remove toxins, cure hangovers, alleviate headaches, stress and enhance relaxation.

So there I was, in a rather fashionable bar-lounge, with leather sofas, slick music and the patrons hooked up to individual nasal cannula devices, breathing in the scented oxygen, relaxing and rejuvenating.

The party in this bar was literally up your nose.

After 30 minutes I felt no different and my wife still had her migraine headache. I need to investigate the medical literature on this further.

Until then, I will take my oxygen the old fashioned way.