Friday, October 4, 2019

ID Week 2019, Washington DC: Day 3- SHEA Society Awards




Thank you to the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)for the 2019 Barry Farr Award for the best domestic clinical study published in Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology (ICHE). Our manuscript is PubMed Indexed here.

More importantly, thank you to my amazing collaborators and to all of the healthcare workers at VCU. They do all the work so that I may take the credit.

Last, it was an honor to share the awards ceremony with Dr. Joseph Mylotte, the 2019 Recipient of he Sue Bradley Award, for his work as an ICHE manuscript reviewer. Dr. Mylotte made a huge and positive impression on me during my time as a medical student at the University of Buffalo.

I am humbled by the high quality colleagues honored today at the ID Week 2019 SHEA Society Awards.